Is being told “you’re killing it” really a good thing? Should women carry on being celebrated for over-functioning and working themselves into a state of overwhelm?
Success coach and business mentor Sarah Walton thinks not. In this episode of The Sigrun Show, Sarah and I talk about how it’s up to women to do the internal work and recognise the value they’re putting out into the world. And, how this value should not be defined by how much they are doing, or who they are doing it for.
Sarah also talks about how women are the shock absorbers in society, when something goes wrong – they soak up the blow. She explains that in order for women to switch up this trajectory they need to start supporting each other by normalizing saying “no” more often.
We also discuss how the Myers Briggs test can help you determine if you’re more likely to be the person to constantly people please. Here is a link to the test.
In this Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Sarah’s background as a corporate executive (2:52)
- How being the person that people went to for advice encouraged her to start her coaching business (4:00)
- Combining a women’s talent, experience, and expertise in a way that they can actually sell it (6:40)
- It’s up to women to do the internal work and recognise the value they’re putting out into the world (8:47)
- The physiological reason why women are more inclined to feel overwhelmed (9:19)
- The epidemic of over-functioning or high-functioning co-dependence among women
- Is being told “you’re killing it” really a good thing? (13:00)
- A woman’s desire to feel needed feeds into their overwhelm (14:36)
- Women are the shock absorbers, when something goes wrong – they soak up the blow (15:40)
- Women supporting women is the key to putting a stop to the overwhelm epidemic (16:00)
- Being busy for the sake of being busy (21:30)
- Sarah’s free worksheet, understanding control and how it affects your life (23:24)
Connect with Sarah Walton
Do you want to discover a powerful method that helps you sell without more marketing?
I see so many entrepreneurs struggle because they’re putting all their time and money into marketing, but they don’t make the sales they hoped for. If this is you, I can help.
Sign up for my free live masterclass on September 28th now.