Highly ambitious entrepreneurs often have a habit of overthinking things. They want everything to be perfect, and while perfection may have a place in the world, it doesn’t help you when you are building a business. After all, it is through imperfection – through making mistakes – that allows us to learn new things, grow as an individual, and even educate others.
Perfectionism is often the number one thing that stops us dead in our tracks. It prevents us from launching new products or services or sharing new, creative ideas with the world due to a fear that it’s “not ready.”
So, how do you overcome this unshakable feeling that everything must be perfect? How do you overcome the fear?
In this episode, I share some of the ways that perfectionism has affected my life and business as well as what I did to overcome it. I share tips on how to stop overthinking the little things – to stop creating mountains out of molehills – and the steps you need to take to finally overcome the fear of imperfection and begin achieving your goals.
[tweetshareinline tweet=”Perfection is just fear. A four-letter-word.” username=”sigruncom”]
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Why perfectionism is actually a disservice to you, your business, and your life.
- Taking action is a critical step to overcoming fear and perfectionism.
- What the lizard brain is and its true purpose.
- How to stop overthinking, overcome fear and imperfection, and start taking action.
- How writing down your negative thoughts for one week can help you overcome your inner critic.
Sigrun’s Recipe for Overcoming Fear:
- Realize fear is not your brain speaking – it is the lizard brain.
- Recognize what the lizard brain is really saying.
- Ignore the lizard brain.
- Face your fears.
- Understand that the lizard brain is here to stay. It is up to you to learn how to deal with it.
Be Inspired. Think Big. Take Action & Turn Your Passion Into Profits.
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode and want to be inspired, think big, and take action, head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! Help us inspire more people to think big, take action, and turn their passions into profits by sharing your favorite episodes with your friends on your social media sites.