[one_third padding=”0px 0px 0 0px”]Apple Podcasts[/one_third][one_third padding=”0px 0px 0 0px”]Stitcher[/one_third][one_third_last padding=”0px 0px 0 0px”]Google Play[/one_third_last]
TEDx is known for the vast array of topics and ideas they share with the world. Due to the impact that they make in small communities and globally, people have high expectations for TEDx speakers. If you want to make a difference by sharing your excellent ideas as a TEDx speaker, then you’ll want to know how to increase your chances of being selected to speak and how to proceed once you’ve been given the opportunity.
In this episode, I go over the steps to take when applying to be a TEDx speaker. I explain how you can land a TEDx talk and how you can rock it with your content and other factors, such as nonverbal language, delivery and stage presence, to make your presentation impactful.
[tweetshareinline tweet=”Any signature talk is about you knowing your talk. – Sigrun” username=”sigruncom”]
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Difference between open application versus closed application
- How to assess if your idea is worth spreading
- When and how to start preparing your presentation
- An effective memorization technique
- Why you should work with a coach
- Significance of using breaks and pauses
- What to do once your talk is over
- How to promote your TEDx talk
- How to think of a good title for your presentation
- Let the TEDx staff know why they should care.
- First-time speakers are welcome.
- Check your script for quotables.
- Start your talk in the middle of the action.
- Consider hiring a coach.
- Consider SEO when picking a good name for your talk.
- Watch my Tedx Talk: Be Inspired. Think Big. Take Action
- Talk Like TED by Carmine Gallo
- Dale Carnegie’s Leadership Training
Please share, subscribe and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!