Carol Cox founded Speaking Your Brand to help determined and highly driven women entrepreneurs put their message – their core idea – out in the world in their desire not only to succeed in business but also to inspire and affect change. Aside from teaching business and marketing at a university for more than 15 years, Carol also does speaking engagements and conducts training on leadership for women, branding, and public speaking.
Carol shares how she came up with a framework that can make a presentation attention-grabbing and compelling while providing useful information to the audience. She also shares the process to help others discover their core story so they can use it in highlighting their topic. She explains how you can turn your core message into a signature talk and provides some helpful and practical advice on how you make your presentation compelling.
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How Carol became the go-to person in public speaking
- Why it’s hard to capture your core message during your first year of business
- Different ways of creating a signature talk
- Explaining the “call to adventure” concept and how it relates to your business
- An approach to use if you don’t have a big moment
- The four components of a core message
- Describing the three acts of a signature talk
- Seeing you as the expert when your audience need help
- Closing your presentation with a “callback”
- Avoid getting stuck. Find someone to help you brainstorm and point out the essential things you can’t see.
- Showcase your expertise instead of selling from the stage.
Acts of a Signature Talk:
- Set up the situation.
- Showcase your ideas.
- Offer a resolution.
- Joseph Campbell’s book: The Hero’s Journey
Connect with Carol Cox:
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.