Chris Lema is the Vice President of the Products and Innovation Division of a hundred million dollar managed hosting company called Liquid Web. Chris has been speaking to audiences for 30 years and is a popular in the WordPress community as a blogger, advisor, and public speaker. He is also the creator of the famous CaboPress, a conference for business masterminds that happens at the five-star resort Cabo San Lucas.
In this episode, Chris and I discuss the connection between selling and storytelling. He explains each of the three core skills you should learn as you start figuring out how to tell your story and shares how insecurity affects your ability to craft your own story. He also gives some practical advice on how you can discover and tell your own story even if you think you don’t have one.
[tweetshareinline tweet=”At the end of the day, we tell stories because we’re developing trust. – Chris Lema” username=”sigruncom”]
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- How Chris discovered that storytelling is part of the selling process
- Selling strategy: “I” statements versus telling stories
- Opening loops and how they affect the tension in your presentation
- Being indirect through soap operas
- How to create an interesting opening for your story
- What can make your story different
- Why you should learn to tell your story in different ways and from different perspectives
- Why you should know what motivates you and makes you different
- Compelling stories are vehicles in which your audience could and should find themselves.
- Stories break down the barriers between you and your audience.
- Engage your audience by being a little indirect in connecting your story to your bottom line.
- Develop the ability to act in the midst of fear.