Ingrid Boersma has worked in the Marketing and Communications industry for over 8 years with a special focus on small to mid-sized companies within the French wine industry. Recently, she has decided to pivot her business and reposition her company by focusing on content marketing and copywriting for larger companies within the wine, beer, and travel industry.
Ingrid joins me for this On Air Coaching to learn about managing her time and charging her worth as a freelance copywriter. I discuss some of the mistakes many service providers make when starting their journey into freelancing and how to avoid those mistakes before launching a business. I also explain why it’s important for freelancers to set long-term goals, strategies for building your portfolio as a freelance copywriter, and the importance of raising your rates quickly as you grow your business.
[tweetshareinline tweet=”“When selling your time you will possibly charge too little and fill their time with clients.” – Sigrun” username=”sigruncom”]
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Why Ingrid decided to pivot her business from marketing and communications to copywriting
- The challenge of trading your time for money as a freelance copywriter
- Why it’s critical for freelancers and solopreneurs to avoid filling their calendar with client work
- Creating a strict schedule for yourself and being strict with your clients about your working hours
- Using LinkedIn to attract higher-value clients
- Setting long-term goals when building or pivoting your business
- Compartmentalizing the days you work on client work, marketing, and administrative tasks
- Strategies for building a copywriting portfolio
- The importance of quickly and strategically raising your rates
- Episode 75: Get More Leads from LinkedIn with Melonie Dodaro
- Episode 120: How to Do Content Marketing on LinkedIn with Viveka von Rosen
- Episode 176: How to Build Authority on LinkedIn with Melonie Dodaro
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.