[one_third padding=”0px 0px 0 0px”]Apple Podcasts[/one_third][one_third padding=”0px 0px 0 0px”]Stitcher[/one_third][one_third_last padding=”0px 0px 0 0px”]Google Play[/one_third_last]
For many years, tourism wasn’t a growing industry in Iceland. In fact, for a very long time there were only about 500,000 tourists visiting this beautiful nation each year – at least until the Eyjafjallajökull volcano erupted in 2010, which made international headlines for stopping air traffic over Europe and the Atlantic for two weeks.
Since then, Iceland has made international headlines several times, which has caused a significant spike in tourists visiting as well as people scouring Google to learn more about it.
I love Iceland, and as a native Icelander, I am frequently asked about the activities you can do and places you can see while visiting the country. So, in this episode, I share a behind-the-scenes glimpse of what it is like to visit Iceland, the events and festivities you can attend, and the beautiful scenery you can explore while touring my homeland. I also share some of my favorite scenic landscapes and activities I enjoy with my family and the participants of the Mastermind Retreat Iceland.
[tweetshareinline tweet=”“If you really want to see Iceland, you need to stay at least 2-3 weeks, but if you just want to get a sneak peek, then you can see a lot in 3-4 days.” – Sigrun” username=”sigruncom”]
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- My favorite time of year and why I believe it’s the best time of year to visit Iceland
- The best time to visit Iceland to see the Northern Lights
- Festivities you can attend while visiting Iceland
- Tools to help you find great tourist locations throughout Iceland
- The best photography spots in Iceland
- The Golden Circle and the Diamond Circle
- Why the glacier lagoon is one of my favorite locations in the world
- The largest stone museum
- The highest farm in Iceland
- The best place to find natural sparkling water in Iceland
- Other activities to explore while visiting Iceland
- How to find accommodations in Iceland
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.