Peg Fitzpatrick is a social media expert who follows fascinating people on social media regardless of the number of their followers. Peg specializes in visual marketing and creating content on Instagram and Pinterest. She is also the author of the best-selling book The Art of Social Media.
Peg joins me to share the advantages and drawbacks of using three of the most popular social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. She compares them and shares what small businesses can do to take advantage of these social media channels as they build and promote their business.
[tweetshareinline tweet=”People are building a community, and they want to talk to people they’re interested in. – Peg Fitzpatrick” username=”sigruncom”]
In This Episode of The Sigrun Show:
- Reasons for quickly unfollowing someone
- The beginning of Peg’s journey as a social media expert
- The challenges Peg faced in learning and using the different social media platforms
- Why Peg always posts how-to blogs for beginners
- Why Instagram is the natural segue after establishing your Facebook account
- Why you, as a local business owner, have a significant growth opportunity on Instagram
- The go-to platform to reach more and new people
- How you can keep your branding on Instagram
- The number one traffic generator among all social media platforms
- Creating templates for varying posts on Pinterest
- Advertising programs of Pinterest
- Why Peg turns social media notifications off
- Continue educating yourself because there is always something new on social media.
- Most Instagrammers like it when you share their content as long as you tag them and give them credit.
- Post on Pinterest consistently by scheduling your pins.
Connect with Peg Fitzpatrick:
Please share, subscribe, and review on iTunes
Thank you for joining me on this episode of the Sigrun Show. If you enjoyed this episode please share, subscribe and review on iTunes or Google Play Music so more people can enjoy the show. Don’t forget to follow and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Get Your Free Training
Through my own entrepreneurial journey and by training thousands of online entrepreneurs I’ve identified 7 STAGES of a Profitable Online Business. Get free access to the 7 Stages training videos and take your online business to the next stage.